Thursday, May 3, 2012

Inspiring Work of art

       My eyes caught the  garden of our front yard. It is a kind of palm garden because of the palm that was planted by my grand aunt years ago. The palm was surrounded by peanut plants crawling, and there are young palm growing besides it. At the back is a cozy cottage built to add a farm-like feature. There are bottles of beer planted ,surrounding the peanut plant in a triangle shape. The palm in the upper left side is the oldest because it is the tallest among them.

      This is actually my first sketch and I used pencil, a little rub of graphite from my finger to darken the shadowy areas for this artwork.

     It inspired me to draw it because of the leaves, they grow one to two times a year, and even many typhoons hit our front yard still they stand like nothing happened, it's like the plants are telling me to sketch them because they look so strong even they grow only an inch every year.

     One of the plant has been sold to make palm oil.



Palm Garden-Original work

2 comments: